Who are we?
Ark Services (“Ark”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable privacy legislation.
This Statement sets out the basis on which any personal information or personal data that Ark collects from you, or that you provide to Ark, will be processed by us in accordance with applicable Ark company policy.
We encourage you to carefully read the following to understand the way we handle your personal information.
Amendments and updates to this Statement may be made from time-to-time. Any revisions will be posted on this page, so you will always be aware of what personal information we collect and how we use that personal information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following information from users of the eLearning Platform:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); courses and lessons you viewed or completed; quiz completion, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
What about embedded content from other websites?
Content on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What about links to other websites?
Some pages of our Website include external links to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for these websites or the use of your information by third parties.
You should check the privacy notices on any third party websites to ensure that you are satisfied regarding their privacy practices, prior to sharing any personal information.
Who do we share your data with?
We will share your data with:
- Your school management. Data will include user’s course progression reports, certificates, course feedback, and other related data.
- With authorised third parties, i.e. subcontractors and support staff. Data will be used for the ongoing development of the eLearning Platform, including customer account creation, troubleshooting and bug fixing, deployment, and support to users.
- If we intend to transfer personal data to a recipient in any third country or international organisation, this will be done in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
How long will we retain your data?
For registered users, we will store their personal information in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We keep your personal information for a length of time appropriate to our business needs, generally up to the end of a school year. In certain cases, this may be longer. At that point, your data will be deleted from our systems if it is no longer needed, or earlier when you inform us that you wish all your data to be deleted.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These rights include the right to:
- Request information regarding the personal data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- Request that we rectify without undue delay any inaccuracies about the personal data we hold;
- In some circumstances, request the erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your data;
- Obtain restriction of processing in some circumstances;
- Object to any processing;
- In some circumstances, request that your personal data be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically;
- If we are processing any data for which you have given consent, you may withdraw consent to processing your personal data. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent;
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland, this is the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner;
Any enquiries regarding the above rights or if you wish to exercise any of these rights or any other rights provided for in this Statement please contact our Data Protection Coordinator.
How to contact us
For general queries and requests of any kind, please contact us here.