Protect Yourself Checklist
Hopefully you’ll now understand some of the main threats and types of cyber incident that you or your school might experience.
Here is a quick summary of the key points and things you should do as soon as possible:
- Review the privacy settings for your social media, professional networking site and app accounts.
- Know who to report any unusual activity to.
- Check your school device (where supplied) is set to receive updates automatically.
- Remove any apps that have not been downloaded from official stores.
- For your school software accounts, set a strong password and switch on multi-factor authentication, if available.
- Check that the password for your school software accounts is unique.
- If it’s not possible to follow security advice, process or policy – flag it to your IT team.